Christmas Market |
It’s finally here! The 6th Annual GIS Christmas Market! Saturday, Dec 3rd 10am – 2pm. Bring your family, roommates, teammates, neighbors, friends & coworkers. Lunch, snacks, drinks & dessert vendors PLUS do your holiday shopping!
GIS Yard Sale | firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the details of the Yard Sale.
Update to Student Drop-Off Procedures | COO.Office@gisthailand.org
You and your children’s safety is paramount to us, and we have decided to make a change in our drop-off procedures. Over the past few months, we have noticed that there have been over 250 students in front of the school gates before the school opens, and the large number of students is creating a safety concern for our school.
In summary, we are:
- planning to open the school gates earlier, 7:45 am on M/T/Th/F and 9:15 on Wed.
- asking parents to drop off students after 7:45 on M/T/Th/F and 9:15 on Wed.
- providing a supervised holding area inside the gates for students to remain until Elementary & Secondary open at 7:55 on M/T/Th/F and 9:30 on Wed.
- Since we cannot provide supervision before 7:45, we will be blocking off the road entrance of the drop-off loop near the Grace International School sign until 7:44 am M/T/Th/F and 9:14 am Wed.
We would ask parents to please not arrive earlier than 7:44 am M/T/Th/F and 9:14 am on Wednesday to eliminate a backup onto the road in front of the school.
This will be conducted on a trial basis, and we will closely monitor and evaluate the safest and most efficient way of receiving the students. To make this happen, we need parents to partner with us to make this plan successful.
There will be more information sent out this week on these new procedures starting on Tuesday, November 29.
Tiger Pride Dress-Up Day | email@example.com
Elementary will be having a Tiger Pride Dress-up Day on Wednesday, November 30, to show our school spirit. The theme will be MISMATCHED DAY! On that day students are encouraged to dress mismatched. If your child chooses not to participate in the Tiger Pride theme, they should come to school in their normal Grace uniform.
December Festive Wear | firstname.lastname@example.org
During the month of December, elementary students will be allowed (and are encouraged to) come to school wearing Christmas hats, glasses, headbands, and socks. Normal school uniforms will be required with these Christmas accessories. We will have a Christmas dress-up day later in the month (date to be determined). Join us in celebrating the Christmas season!
Upcoming Holidays | email@example.com
In honor of American Thanksgiving, there will be no school on Friday, November 25.
Yearbook 2022-23 Pre-Order | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to Pre-Order (reserve) the Secondary 2022-2023 Yearbook – it will be ready in May!
Yearbook Senior Highlights | email@example.com
- Calling all Senior parents, friends, relatives, dorms, and churches: the time has come to begin designing Senior Highlights!
- Find all the information you need to know about purchasing space in the Yearbook as a Senior Ad or Highlight here!
PSAT for Grade 8 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your Calendars for PSAT testing for GIS and HDE students in Grade 8
- Wednesday, November 30
- Grade 8 students will need to come to campus by 8:15 AM for the morning of testing, instead of a normal Wednesday late arrival time.
Band and Choir Concert for Grades 7-12 | email@example.com
- Friday, December 9 starting at 7 PM
- Location: GIS Cafeteria
Upcoming Secondary Dates
- November 21-24 will be a normal A B C D week with late start on Wednesday
- November 25 No School (American Thanksgiving)
- November 28 Grade Check (Eligibility)
- November 30 PSAT for GIS Students in Grade 8
- Week of December 5-9
- December 5 No School
- Tuesday (B Day), Wednesday (Late Start C Day), Thursday (D Day), Friday (E Day)
- Friday, Dec 9 at 7 PM: Band and Choir Christmas Concert
- December 12-16 Finals Week
- Monday, December 12 No School
- Tuesday, December 13 (Class 1 and 2 Finals from 8:10-11:30 AM)
- Wednesday, December 14 (Class 3 Final from 10-11:30 AM)
- Thursday, December 15 (Class 4 and 5 Finals from 8:10-11:30 AM)
- Friday, December 16 (Class 6 and 7 Finals from 8:10-11:30 AM)
- (Optional) Secondary Christmas Chapel after December 16 Finals
Christmas Fireside Worship Night – Nov. 30, 6:15-8:00pm (lawn next to the Cafeteria–note earlier ending time!)
- Join G7-12 students from GIS and around Chiang Mai to begin celebrating the season of Advent around a crackling fire with carols, testimonies and hot chocolate as we prepare our hearts to celebrate the birth of Jesus this year.
Advent Podcast Series –
- Our Chapel Core Team students have reached out to both friends and family asking them to share how they have experienced God’s faithfulness towards them through the promises found in Scripture. Their answers have been recorded for our annual Advent Podcast, starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 18 as a means of preparing our hearts to celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas Day. The podcast will be available through our Grace International School Podcast channel (Apple podcast or anchor.fm).
Ministry Clubs –
- The Blessing Directive: Every other Friday afternoon a group of GIS students visits Hope House Children’s Home to spend time with the children residing there who are without or far away from their families. At TBD, GIS students join the children of Hope House in a time of fellowship, song & dance, games, and other group activities. TBD is a great opportunity for our students to demonstrate the love of Christ by offering their consistent presence in the lives of these children.
- Night Bazaar Evangelism: GIS students will be visiting the Night Bazaar market on several occasions throughout the school year to practice having faith-based conversations with the people they come to meet. GIS staff will accompany our students allowing them to divide into small groups to approach tourists, initiate conversations, and share with them stories of how they have seen the evidence of God in their own lives. Students who have a heart for the unreached and want to develop their abilities of evangelism are encouraged to join us for NBE.
This Week in Athletics | firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Nov. 21
V. Girls Basketball vs. Prince Royal College @ Prince Royal 4:30pm
V. Boys Basketball vs. Prince Royal College @ Prince Royal 5:30pm
Tuesday, Nov. 22
U8/U10 CMAC Soccer Tournament #1 @ Prem 3:45pm
JV Girls Basketball vs. Prem @ Prem 4:00pm
JV Boys Basketball vs. Prem @ Grace 4:00pm
V. Boys Basketball vs. Prem @ Grace 4:00pm
V. Girls Basketball vs. Prem @ Prem 5:00pm
Thursday, Nov. 24
U12 Boys Soccer vs. UCIS @ Grace 4:00pm
U14 Boys Soccer vs. UCIS @ Grace 4:00pm
Friday, Nov. 25
ISB Basketball Invitational @ ISB, Bangkok
Saturday, Nov. 26
ISB Basketball Invitational @ ISB, Bangkok
For more information, early dismissal times, directions, etc. please check our website athletics.gisthailand.org