GIS is committed to educating both the heart and the mind of the student athlete. Athletics are a vital part of the Christian educational experience. As teachers and coaches, we believe in educating the whole person through mind, body, heart, and spirit. In athletics, we actively integrate faith, learning, and character in our students.
The GIS athletic program enhances the quality of life in the individual participants, the school culture, and the greater community. It affords students an atmosphere of hard work and discipline, as they explore their God-given gifts.
The GIS Athletic Division affirms
- Academic aspirations of student
- Good sportsmanship
- Giving, receiving and rewarding maximum effort
- Fair opportunities regardless of gender
- Encouraging all students to participate in athletic activities as athletes or spectators
- Appropriate levels of competition for each developmental stage, K-12
- The desire to reach personal and team excellence when measured against one’s “best self” (1 Cor. 9:24-27)
- The value of competition inherent in sports
Visit GIS Athletics to learn more about sports offered at GIS.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org